Removing waterproof mascara can be a bit tricky due to its resilient formula designed to withstand water and smudging. To help you out, we bring to you a guide on How To Get Off Waterproof Mascara In 2 Easy Ways!
How To Get Off Waterproof Mascara?
How To Get Off Waterproof Mascara? With the right techniques and products, you can effectively eliminate waterproof mascara without causing any damage to your lashes or the delicate skin around your eyes. It’s essential to approach this task gently to ensure both the cleanliness of your lashes and the preservation of their natural texture. By following a few simple steps, you can make the process of removing waterproof mascara a hassle-free and safe endeavor. Source
How To Get Off Waterproof Mascara Using Products
How To Get Off Waterproof Mascara with the use of products is as follows:
- Gather Your Supplies: You’ll need a gentle eye makeup remover, cotton pads or cotton swabs, and a moisturizing cleanser.
- Wash Your Hands: Before touching your face, always wash your hands thoroughly to prevent any dirt or bacteria from transferring to your skin.
- Apply Eye Makeup Remover: Soak a cotton pad with a gentle, oil-based or bi-phase (oil-and-water) eye makeup remover. Close your eyes and place the cotton pad on your closed eyelid, allowing the product to sit for a few seconds to start breaking down the mascara.
- Gently Wipe: After the mascara has had a moment to soften, gently wipe the cotton pad downwards along your lashes. Avoid rubbing or tugging, as this can lead to lash breakage or eye irritation. Use a fresh cotton pad as needed until the mascara is mostly removed.
- Focus on Lash Tips: Pay special attention to the tips of your lashes, where mascara tends to accumulate the most. Hold the cotton pad against your lashes for a few seconds before wiping to help loosen the mascara.
- Precision with Cotton Swabs: For those hard-to-reach corners or lower lashes, dip a cotton swab into the eye makeup remover and carefully swipe along the lash line. Be cautious and avoid getting the product directly into your eyes.
- Cleansing the Rest of Your Face: Once most of the mascara is removed, use a gentle cleanser to wash your entire face, including your eye area. This will ensure that all traces of mascara and makeup are fully removed. Use your fingers to gently massage the cleanser in circular motions.
- Rinse Thoroughly: Rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water to ensure no residue from the eye makeup remover or cleanser remains on your skin.
- Pat Dry: After rinsing, gently pat your face dry with a clean, soft towel. Avoid rubbing, as this can cause unnecessary friction on your skin and lashes.
- Apply Eye Cream: Finish by applying a hydrating eye cream to keep the delicate skin around your eyes moisturized and supple. Source
How To Get Off Waterproof Mascara Natural Remedies
Coconut Oil or Olive Oil:
- Start by washing your hands to ensure they are clean before touching your face.
- Take a small amount of coconut oil or olive oil on your fingertips.
- Gently close your eyes and apply the oil to your lashes and eyelids. Be careful not to get the oil directly into your eyes.
- Gently massage the oil into your lashes, allowing it to break down the mascara.
- Take a soft, damp cloth or cotton pad and wipe away the mascara and oil from your lashes. You might need to repeat this step a few times to fully remove the mascara.
Aloe Vera Gel:
- How To Get Off Waterproof Mascara? Apply a small amount of pure aloe vera gel to your lashes and eyelids. Aloe vera is soothing and can help break down the mascara.
- Gently massage the gel into your lashes, being careful not to get it into your eyes.
- Use a cotton pad or cloth dampened with warm water to wipe away the mascara and aloe vera residue.
Cucumber or Rose Water:
- Soak cotton pads in cucumber or rose water, both of which are gentle and soothing to the skin.
- Place the soaked cotton pads over your closed eyelids and lashes, letting them sit for a few moments to soften the mascara.
- Gently wipe away the mascara with the damp cotton pads.
Yogurt or Milk:
- Dip a cotton pad into plain yogurt or milk.
- Close your eyes and place the soaked cotton pad on your closed eyelids.
- Gently press and then swipe the cotton pad along your lashes to help dissolve the mascara.
- Use a clean, damp cloth or cotton pad to wipe away the mixture and mascara residue.
Wash Your Face:
- How To Get Off Waterproof Mascara? After removing the mascara, wash your face with a gentle cleanser to remove any remaining residue.
- Finish by applying a gentle and hydrating eye cream to keep the delicate eye area moisturized.
Conclusion on How To Get Off Waterproof Mascara!
In conclusion, removing waterproof mascara can be accomplished using both products and natural remedies. Hopefully, you found our guide on how to remove waterproof mascara useful.
Also Read: Is Cocoa Butter Vegan?